The annual Scottish North American Community Conference was once again held virtual on Dec 10th through Dec 12th. The three day event began on the Friday with genealogy and developments around research of one’s Scottish roots.
A full Saturday dealt with the expression of arts, heritage and culture today; how the way we engage changes and is developing - from fashion, to museums, heritage sites and highland games.
Sunday focused on plans for 2022 by Scotland’s leading organizers and organizations. These included plans for the Year of Scotland’s Stories, the continuing celebration of the 250th Anniversary of Sir Walter Scott, the 75th Anniversary of the Edinburgh Festival and the new focus around “Responsible Tourism”.
The success of the event was in no small part aided by the key participation of many MacGregors in planning, organizing, presentation and panel moderation. This included:
- Our Chief Sir Malcolm MacGregor co-moderating a panel on Highland Games and Festivals.
- Dr. Fiona Armstrong, Lady MacGregor of MacGregor presenting and discussing films on Sir Walter Scott.
- Keith MacGregor, North American Representative for Clan Gregor Society on the effect of clan relationship following the visit of George IV. Keith’s presentation follows on page 8.
- John King Bellassai - President, Council of Scottish Clans & Associations (COSCA) as organizer, presenter and moderator
- William Petrie - Chair, Clans And Scottish Societies of Canada and Clan Gregor Society - Canada Chapter Newsletter Editor as organizer, presenter and moderator.